November 1st tomorrow. And I’m sure we all know
what that means. NaNoWriMo is upon us once more, and this year (like every
year) I am woefully underprepared. Never mind, though, because I have an idea.
About three weeks ago, I realised I hadn’t updated this blog
for a very (very) long time. No particular reason – lack of inspiration,
internet, motivation, or combinations thereof. And at the time I thought No worries. NaNo is coming up, I’ll do a
blog bit for that and get back into the swing of it. It was all fine
because November was 3 weeks away, and therefore ‘not a problem’.
It’s not three weeks away anymore. And since then, my foolish, masochistic mind has warped my initial idea into an
enormous, convoluted horror of a brain ache. I know, I said to myself. I
could post every day! That’d keep me
blogging and on track with NaNo.
Right now, I’m crying inside. Still, an enormous, convoluted
horror of an idea is an enormous convoluted horror of an idea, so I’m sticking
with it. Word count guide for NaNo is around 1700 words a day. I won’t post
that much. I probably won’t even write that much, if previous years are any
guide. But I will post a couple of hundred words at a time, every day, until I
burn out and give up. And posting every day, you will know exactly when that
day has come.
Place your bets here, ladies and gentlemen. The race is
about to start.
Comments