So, the first stage of my move to more southern climes has generally been a success, and stage two (i.e. the stage where I sit at home and do nothing, while waiting for my life to become extra busy) will now commence. I'm back in Manchester until Friday, when I jet off to Edinburgh for the weekend, enjoy an exciting conference full of dead people, then jet back to London just in time to start my new job on Monday. It's all a bit hectic, and it's not helped by me being as forgetful and someone who can't remember stuff, but it will all be worth it. I'm sure. :)
I say the first stage was generally a success, although, as I alluded to above, my sieve-like mind managed to forget to pack some little, insignificant things like my duvet covers, pillowcases, all my towels, and the power cables for my computer. Naturally I feel like a bit of a dolt at the moment, but I have a clever solution that will fix everything, which is to lug everything I forgot up to Edinburgh with me, then back down to London. I'd say it'll teach me for forgetting things, but since I've actually met myself, I think that'd be a silly thing to say.
Anyway, I'm sure no one's interested in all these sordid details. I'm really only posting to say the internet situation in London is a bit up-in-the-air at the moment, so I don't know how often I'll be online in the near future. Phones will be the order of the day in the communication stakes for a while, I think, so if anyone needs me, or wants to pester me, or has found a picture of a kitten that they want me to see, you'll have to text. I shall wait in sweet anticipation for the flood of SMS's that are about to come in...
I say the first stage was generally a success, although, as I alluded to above, my sieve-like mind managed to forget to pack some little, insignificant things like my duvet covers, pillowcases, all my towels, and the power cables for my computer. Naturally I feel like a bit of a dolt at the moment, but I have a clever solution that will fix everything, which is to lug everything I forgot up to Edinburgh with me, then back down to London. I'd say it'll teach me for forgetting things, but since I've actually met myself, I think that'd be a silly thing to say.
Anyway, I'm sure no one's interested in all these sordid details. I'm really only posting to say the internet situation in London is a bit up-in-the-air at the moment, so I don't know how often I'll be online in the near future. Phones will be the order of the day in the communication stakes for a while, I think, so if anyone needs me, or wants to pester me, or has found a picture of a kitten that they want me to see, you'll have to text. I shall wait in sweet anticipation for the flood of SMS's that are about to come in...
Comments