Poor Sammy fell to pieces

I made two new friends at work last week - Boris, who was a small burnt person in a pot, and Sammy, who had horns and made me want to re-enact Hamlet (trans. a cremation and a cow skull). Unfortunately, both had been living under a hedge, and were so damaged that they fell to bits when I lifted them. However, it was fun, and educational, and involved a lot of paperwork so I didn't have to dig for most of two days.

In other news, I'm not getting an internet connection until I get my own place (in a shared house at the moment), so the library is my new best friend. I've got my first probationary interview next week (makes me sound like a vagrant), where I get to talk about how I can now dig cremations and animal skeletons, and how I've learnt not to connect either end of a mattock with any part of my body. Also, trowelling myself in the knee and walking into wheelbarrows are a definite no-no, although there's not much I can do about the showers of flint to the face.

On an odd (and possibly cringe-worthy) note, my toenail fell off yesterday, which confused me rather a lot. Maybe I'm turning into the site leper - I'll have to start accounting for my fingers and toes at the end of each day.

I'm going to try and get my holiday photos up, as soon as I remember to bring my USB stick to the library. Unfortunately, I expect my best photos will be on the disposable camera, so I won't be able to upload them, but you can see the crap ones I took with my digital.

Comments