First step into a new life

Feels like everything's starting new this weekend. I returned from Pakistan a week and a half ago, and I've been working in Bedford for one week, but I'm moving into my new place tomorrow. That means I'm settling (at least, for the forseeable future). And since I've got a permanent job, I could be settling for a while. It feels kind of strange, actually - having moved around so much in the last four years, it may take a while to get used to the fact that I won't be packing everything up in a couple of weeks. Still hoping to find my very own place, rather than a shared house, but that won't be for a few months yet, and probably not for a year or so.

In other news, Pakistan was fantastic, although I returned to England with a huge dependancy complex - I never want to feel that un-independant and useless again. I know it's a traditional role for Pakistan women, but when I go back to visit my friends and their new families, I might just book a hotel instead.
Dubai was, I hesitate to say, was even better than Pakistan. I hesitate to say it, since my best friend is in Pakistan, and her extended family made me feel so welcome I feel guilty to say anything against them. Still, the city was so clean, and no-one cared that I was a woman on my own, and there is some amazing architecture, that I really want to go back for a longer visit. Maybe in the off-peak season - I hear temperatures in winter are actually quite pleasant.

Finally, now I'm back in the country, and am shortly to get a proper internet connection, I'll have to get back in touch with people, and assure them I haven't been ignoring them. But I suppose that's what happens when you're out of contact for a few months.

Comments